Goals in Life, what are they?
100 Life Goals for 2021!
What are your goals in life?
What are your goals for 2021 overall?
Do you have any?
Now that 2020 is finally over and the year is starting out, most of you may be just starting to write down your New Year’s Resolutions.
It’s time to consider your goal ideas for 2021.
This year, I decided I was going to try something different.
I wanted to write down 100 Life Goals that I wanted to achieve within the next 10 years.
I am going to be 35 in the new year, so this would take me to 45!
Gees I feel totally old typing that.
But this was something I really wanted to write down in order to give me more clarity and purpose in life.
No more wondering what is next!
Instead, I will make it an opportunity to work through these goals over the next few years.
I have major goals in life that I definitely want to achieve and do.
When I was in my 20’s, I did have a list of 20 things to do before you turn 20! One of them was to visit France which I did in my late 20’s!
Now that I am in my 30’s, I want more concrete life goals to achieve.
As you can see, it’s never too early or late to work towards your 100 life goals or as some call it, a bucket list!
Just start today!
If you are looking for answers to any of the following questions:
What are some good life goals?
What are some examples of personal goals?
What are some good goals to set?
How do I make a life goal list?
And how to create a list of 100 goals in life
We will go into more detail below.
We want to look at the most common life goals so that you can see if any of them relate to you at this stage in your life.
Use the goal and money planner I used to not only plan career goals but helps with meeting financial goals and mapping out what needs to be done to move to the next level.
“Remember, my 100 life goals ideas, might be the same as yours!”
You want to come up with your own list of 100 life goals that reflect as a person.
Don’t worry, we will give you some ideas below.
Before we get started on my 100 life goals list, we did want you to follow us on Instagram for more tips.
We also wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we use Affiliate links on some of our blog posts. This means that we could make a commission if you click on an affiliate link and purchase something. Read our full disclosure and blog policy for more information.
What does it mean to have life goals?
Life goals are dreams and or ideas you wish to achieve in your life hopefully before a certain time.
It could be a 10-year plan or a plan before you die.
By creating a life goal, you are committing yourself to achieve them as they will make you happy as well as make you feel complete.
People have different reasons for creating 100 life goals. Whatever your reason, be sure you are doing it for yourself and never feel pressured to do anything.
“Having positive goals in life will make for a better YOU!”
My 100 Life Goals List:
I really wanted my goals in life to reflect where I was in my life and where I wanted to be in 10 years.
But I needed to be realistic in what I wanted to achieve in order to make it work.
Setting unrealistic goals is only going to make you fail and feel discouraged. That’s why you need to tailor these goals for you and only you.
Don’t just go with common life goals, really dig deep!
Dreams and Goals are GREAT! Make Some!!!
Living life is important, but living your best life ever should always be your ultimate goal.
Here is a list of goal ideas for 2021 that I made for myself.
List of Fitness Goals & Health
I had to put this one first because in the last 2 years I have had some major health issues due to my first pregnancy.
Having my daughter almost 2 years ago left me in an almost health crisis that I am still battling. So here are my goals to tackle my health:
1. Get my blood pressure under control
2. Eat a healthy balanced diet for at least a year
3. Drink water first thing in the morning for a year
4. Cut down on Caffeine for one year (cut down-not eliminate)
5. Drink less alcohol – Achieved in 2017 after giving birth
6. Do a 7 Day detox fast
7. Juice for 20 days
8. Do 10, 000 steps daily for 1 year
9. Lose 30 pounds (All the baby pregnancy weight I gained got to go), start by losing 10 pounds in a month!
10. Become a vegetarian for 30 days
11. Stop eating fast food for 1 Year straight
12. Do yoga for 40 days in a row to help with my blood pressure
13. Find and work with a natural path to help with my health issues which are mostly blood pressure-related.
14. Exercise for at least thirty minutes, five days per week
15. Try Fasting for the purpose of learning self-discipline which I believe is important in life
PS: If you know of any blood pressure relief I could try, leave it in the comments below.
List of Personal Goals for 2021
This is also known as an Experience goal.
In other words, what sort of wow experiences do you want to experience in order to feel fully completed?
Here is a list of personal goals for 2021 ideas for you.
Below are mine and hopefully, you may feel inspired.
16. I love Beyoncé, so I need to see her at a concert
17. I want to publish a book in honour of my daughter (Where I focus on her skin colour)
18. Meditate and Pray for a whole month
19. Manifest big things for my life
20. Create and sell a planner – Done – Find my store here (I have sold 15 copies to date!)
21. Plan a spiritual retreat
22. Attend a Blogging Conference
23. Drink or bathe in Lourdes water
24. Become fluent in another language
25. Attend a retreat (I want to plan a spiritual retreat) but I would like to attend one as well. For example a couple’s retreat or a meditation retreat.
Relationship Family Goals for 2021
I have so many goals for my family but I will list only those I feel I can achieve in the next few years.
Family is important to many and having a list of things you want to do with them is really important in my opinion.
I also wanted you to note that a family does not have to be blood. Family is anyone you consider family because they have been there for you no matter what.
26. Financially support my family (My partner and daughter) within 10 years
27. Financially support my mother (pay off all debt) – (She’s my world)
28. Marry my one and only best friend (My Partner) – Done – August 2nd, 2020
29. Maintain a healthy sex life with my life partner and future husband
30. Give birth to a second healthy child (I am going through fertility issues currently)
31. Create a few family traditions and carry them on
32. Maintain a healthy work-life balance
33. Spend more time with immediate family and friends
34. Help one of my family members become responsible and get back into the world
35. Work on getting more closer to my partner, spend more time together and build our future
36. Start a successful online business with one of my brothers
37. Spend more time with my child, learning to love and appreciate her more. She’s my angel baby and came to me when I least expected.
38. Set up a healthy fund for my daughter
39. Encourage all my nieces and nephews to spend more time together
40. Bring the family together once a year
41. Celebrate my 10 year anniversary
Financial Goals for 2021
Personal finance goals are always a big one for most people including myself.
If you are worried about money or stressing about your finances in any way, then it is time to get it all together for your own sake.
For me, I decided to get a few goals written out on how I will pay off all my debt and how I was going to make all the extra cash.
42. Pay off my partner and I’s debts
43. Become financially independent
44. Make approximately $3000 from this online blog consistently
45. Generate passive income from the blog
46. Have $10, 000 in Saving consistently
47. Pay off Car by May 2021
48. Rebuild my credit score to 720 (in Canada, 900 is the best credit score)
49. Build 3 months of expenses in an Emergency Fund
50. Buy and Save For A Used Car – Done in 2020 (We got a second car – Hyundai SantaFe)
51. Purchase a home for my family
52. Invest money that brings more wealth (let it sit for 10 years) – Opened an investment account in December 2020
53. Commit to not getting into more debt
54. Meet a Financial Planner
55. Start planning for retirement – Seriously
This is my big baby and I work on my business whenever I can. Here are my business goals for 2021 and hopefully, you can help me achieve them!
56. Work on my business at least 1 hour a day every day
57. Grow my brands into well-known businesses
58. Collaborate more with other businesses
59. Incorporate my business
60. Make $100, 000 in revenue a year
61. Start a blog and flip it for a profit – 10K profit! – Bought a blog
62. Hire a full-time Virtual Assistant (Currently use part-time VAs)
63. Start a Successful Lifestyle Podcast for Women of colour in Canada
Travel Goals for 2021
You all know how much I love to travel.
In fact, I just came back from visiting the beautiful island of Mauritius!
Full review to come your way!
So it was so hard not to start with my travel goals of the year! But here they are:
64. Travel at least twice a year
65. Visit Jamaica my long life dream!
66. Travel to Seychelles, another dream of mine
67. Travel as a family to a resort – with brothers and extended family
68. Go on a fun cruise with my family
69. Visit every continent in the world
70. Explore Canada – I live here, and I want to see every corner – I made a list of all the places I would like to visit in Canada!
71. Visit Morocco
72. See cherry blossoms in Japan
73. See the pyramids of Egypt
74. Spend a night in a castle
75. Visit Costa Rica
Charitable Goals for 2021
76. Donate money on a monthly basis even if it’s $20 a month
77. Sponsor a family
78. Donate to a church
79. Raise funds for a charitable organization
80. Buy a car or something meaningful for a single mother with kids
Skill Set Goals
I am a big learner and every opportunity I can get to learn, I do.
I listen to podcasts, I watch YouTube videos, I invest in courses all to learn.
I believe that is the perfect way to keep nurturing your mind and brains.
The more you learn, the more you grow as a person and that is a goal and an example I want my daughter to also have.
81. Learn photography
82. Learn how to make money on Instagram
83. Learn how to decorate kids parties -throw great baby parties
84. Take a class that interests me but is not related to my career in any way
85. Learn a skill by watching YouTube videos
This is the most important part of my life goals list.
Honestly, I have become a more positive, much healthier and more happy person. Me 5 years ago is not me now.
I have grown and will continue to grow in the most positive way possible for myself and those around me.
With that in mind, I wanted to add to my 100 life goals list, a few ways to improve myself as much as possible.
This will allow me room to grow and mature into the woman I fully want to be.
Here is a list of personal development goals I would like to be doing within the next 10 years more consistently if not daily:
86. Read something educative monthly to improve my brains, my business, and my personal life
87. Spend less time on the phone and more time with those around me
88. Try to volunteer more regularly where possible for a great cause
89. Find a mentor to help me grow in the right direction
90. Practice gratitude every day and try not to be negative
91. Experience travelling solo – I am not sure if this will ever happen since I do have a family that I love and enjoy being around.
92. Meet someone I really admire like an author, a blogger, an influencer or a leader!
93. Try to become an expert in something
94. Ride in a hot air balloon for fun, the perfect way to reflex on life
95. Change someone’s life for the better
Honourable Life Goals
These are a set of life goals that I would love to achieve but if it’s possible, I will not be heartbroken! I came to terms with the fact that not every life goal is doable or attainable.
These are few personal goals for 2021 ideas that I would like to attain.
But haven it written down means anything is possible.
96. Adopt a baby
97. Start a Charity for something I really care about (Angel Baby and Support Systems)
98. Bring my niece from Africa to come to live with us
99. Visit some of my living relatives in Africa
100. Learn more about where my family is from(especially my dad’s family)
101 life goals for 2021
I didn’t mean to take it to a 101 life goals list.
But I really wanted to add this one and everything else on my list is truly important. So what is my 101 life goal?
101. Have a traditional African Wedding – Stay tuned! – Done (August 2nd, 2020 – Photos to come 🙂
How to create a list of life goals
We have to give a lot of amazing 100 life goals ideas that you can use for yourself.
But how do you write a life goal list?
Before you create your life goals or a bucket list if you wish, think about what you want for yourself.
Don’t include anything you have already achieved this is where you see your future. Make sure your goals are specific and align with your lifestyle.
When we mean to make it specific, we mean, instead of writing you want to be happy, think about what makes you happy.
Will you be happy if you have $3000 in your bank account?
Then one of your life goals would be to save $3000 in one year!
Something along those lines.
Goal setting will only impact you positively as you working on achieving things in your life that will truly make you very happy in the end.
Positive Goals in Life
Having goals is essential to everyone’s life as it gives you something to look towards!
We all want to feel a sense of purpose and I found after creating my 100 life goals, I was able to look forward to doing things that would further my life.
I thought long and hard about what I wanted. This made really easy to come with 100 goals I knew I wanted to pursue and look forward to.
Sharing it with my life partner also made it more fun and achievable.
Are you going to create your own 100 Life Goals?
We want you to go ahead and create your own life goals. You will feel more inspired when you write down a list of goals to achieve!
I am here to help you with your journal.
Here are examples of life goals for 2021 to try
- Live in another country
- Learn to play an instrument
- Start a successful YouTube channel
- Become a millionaire
- Invest in a venture capitalist
- Do 30 days of helping others challenge
- Attend 3 retreats in your lifetime
- Act in a movie
- Meet your favourite movie star
Your list of goals in life can be about anything you dream of!
And guess what?
Your goal list can change and be updated as your life changes and your needs are adjusted.
No one says you should stick to it.
Update, make changes as needed but the best part should be you working on crossing off your list.
Do you have a list of 100 life goals?
How many have you done to date? Tell us in the comments!
Don’t forget to grab this goal and money planner to plan out your career goals as well as to help meet your financial goals. Take action and create a plan for yourself today.
- 50 Self Love Journal Prompts You Can Use Daily to Feel More Empowered!
- 35 Positive Affirmations for Black Women around the world